The outdoor version of the obstacle course! Here are some ideas for your course to put in any order:
- Lay down a ladder and have the kids step through each rung.
- Allow only jumping/somersaulting/crawling/crab walking from one area of the course to another.
- Put down a piece of wood as a Balance Beam.
- Perform various exercises like 20 sit-ups or push-ups.
- Give each child 2 sheets of newspaper and allow each step to be taken only on a piece of newspaper. This requires the child to reach back and grab the previous step’s sheet of newspaper – tricky!
- Create a slalom – kids must run zig-zag between obstacles.
- Jump over various objects.
- Throw balls to knock down objects.
- Use water squirters to hit targets.
- Make kids fill up a cup of water, run a distance to another container, pour the water into the container, and repeat this until they fill up the container to a certain height.
- Variations – For older kids, make it a competition and time them to see how long it takes them to go through the whole course.