Play “Copy Cats”. Skipper A shows a skipping skill to Skipper B who tries to copy it. Then Skipper B shows a skill to Skipper A who then tries to copy it.
• Skip for a prescribed amount of time (30-60 seconds) while performing skills.
• Determine how many (choose a skill e.g., Front Crosses) can be performed in a row without a miss.
• Perform a sequence of three skills in a row with no misses.
• Find different ways to turn the rope using an arm action and a footwork action.
• Find different ways to jump the rope with arms in varying positions.
• Find different ways to jump backwards.
• Find different ways to change the rope direction from forward to backwards turning.